Many people postpone the installation of a new roof because they are not sure how long will they have to wait for the new roof to be completely installed.
Dealing with the hassle associated with a new roof installation can be intimidating, but in reality such a roof project may take up less time than you have expected. However, it is good to know that the time a new home roof project will take can vary by different factors:
- The size of the roof – installing a new average-sized roof typically takes up to 3-4 days
- Weather – bad weather may delay the completion of the project
- The design of the roof and the cover materials – every material has its own installation requirements. Here are the average replacement times for some of the most popular materials:
- ceramic/ concrete tiles: 8-10 days
- wood shingles: 6-8 days
- slate: 6-8 days
- asphalt shingles: 2-3 days
Complex or intricate roof designs will take longer to be covered with shingles or tile
- Historical significance of the house
If your home is old and represents a historical landmark, it will take a bit longer to obtain special permits; besides, it might also require additional time to strengthen the roof`s structure. Find the help your roof needs with Lon Smith Roofing & Construction at Https://www.lonsmith.com/.