Master Elite® Certification is GAF’s factory certification program that provides ongoing training to roofing contractors and assurance to you that the roof will be completed well and professionally. Only 2% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite® Choosing a GAF Master Elite® contractor is your assurance that you’ll be dealing with a quality, and dependable professional contractor.
Roofing companies and contractors in our Owens Corning Roofing Contractor Network are selected for their commitment to customer service, reliability, and professional craftsmanship. Additionally, they must meet high standards and satisfy strict requirements, which include:
- Carrying all required state and local licenses.
- Holding at least $1,000,000 in general liability insurance.
- Being screened for financial stability and customer service.
- $1M Liability Insurance / Excellent Customer Service / Workmanship Inspection
This is the top level CertainTeed roofing credential, and represents the highest standards of excellence, quality and knowledge in the shingle roofing industry. An SSM has shown extensive knowledge of shingle installation and quality through rigorous testing, and have provided CertainTeed with proof of workers’ compensation and liability insurance. Only an SSM can offer you the highest level of SureStart PLUS™ extended warranty coverage when an Integrity Roof System is installed on your home.
The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas is a statewide trade association of roofing and waterproofing contractors.
This group of professionals collectively represents the voice of the roofing and waterproofing industry in Texas.
RCAT’s mission is to help its members operate successfully by providing continuing education, industry contacts and networking, a forum for governmental and public relations and consumer awareness.
RCAT strives to further the success of it members through the following list of established goals:
- Continuing education through regular programs and the annual conference and trade show.
- An effective legislative program in Texas for the roofing industry.
- The RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor Program.
- An active consumer awareness program.
Shawn Michael, Lon Smith’s VP of Sales, is Current Board Member and Previous Vice President of RCAT
The NTRCA (North Texas Roofing Contractors Association) is the premier resource for professional roofing contractors and associates working and doing business in North Texas. NTRCA offers educational training opportunities, keeps its members informed on industry standards, promotes its members and advocates for consumers and the professional roofing industry in North Texas.
• Shawn Michael, Lon Smith’s VP of Sales, is Past President of NTRCA