Lon Smith Roofing has been working with Insurance companies for 40 years. Our “Roof Expo” assists with training the Insurance Industry on how to properly identify and analyze roof damage. Many adjusters throughout Texas have been trained by Lon Smith Roofing
Steps to follow if you think you have Roof Damage:
- Contact Lon Smith Roofing to schedule a free on-site inspection to determine if damage has incurred.
- If damage has been verified, you should contact your agent to request an inspection.
- Your agent can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have completed to reimburse you correctly.
- We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and the funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
- Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed. Some Insurance Companies only cover partial roof replacements. Contact your Insurance Agent to learn more about your coverage.
NOTE: All carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline.
In 1995 the Lon Smith Roof Expo was certified by the Texas Department of Insurance to conduct training classes in the field of product identification, damage assessment (wind, hail, fire, etc.), installation guidelines and safety issues.
Initially this class was designed to help insurance (property) adjusters familiarize themselves with existing and new roofing products. Since that time the seminar has expanded to cover many different issues pertaining to the roofing industry. Attendance has grown to 200 plus for our annual seminar, called “Roof Expo”, held in the first quarter of each year.
However, to satisfy many requests by different insurance carriers and adjustment firms, we have conducted additional smaller classes on specific subjects. Throughout the year, classes have been conducted for major insurance companies such as Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, Republic, State Farm, and Farmers to name a few.
Through these efforts, we feel that Lon Smith Roofing stays current and exposes the insurance industry to the ever-changing complexion of both the residential and commercial fields of roofing.