Roofing products can be classified based on many different criteria, the length of their lifecycle being among the most important ones – if durability is what you are really concerned about, which is true for a trustworthy affordable Fort Worth Roofing Company, here are the most long-lasting roofing products available today:
- Clay tile, concrete and slate – one of the more expensive solutions and a material that easily lasts for five decades or longer (some products are rated to 100+ years). However, the roofs made from these materials do require regular maintenance to live for over half a century
- Metal roofing – another durable material rated to last between 30 and 80 years, six decades being the norm
- Wood shakes and wood shingles – wooden roofs are rated for about 20 years, but with proper maintenance and installed in areas without too much moisture or harsh sunshine, they can easily last for three or four decades without developing any major problems
- Architectural asphalt – attractive looks, reduced maintenance needs, easy installation and low cost is paired with longevity of around 25-30 years with architectural asphalt
- Asphalt shingles – the cheapest solutions of them all and also the material that is the easiest to handle, asphalt shingles are warranted to last for about 20 years, but if proper attention is paid, they can last for four or five decades just as well.